Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit can be influenced by the course of duty of the crane which should be determined and specific. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear products type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment devices type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box rating horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in course II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is certainly 9, the machine HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3
You’ve certainly transformed to the internet to learn more about crane duty helical gearbox because public libraries don’t lug as much details regarding this topic as they utilised to.