Gearing Arrangement: Worm Brand Name: EED
Input Speed: 1400 rpm Output Speed: 14 rpm to 186 rpm
Rated Power: 0.06 ~ 4KW Output Torque: 2.6-479N.M
Color: Blue/Silver or on request Origin: ZHangZhoug, China (Mainland)
Warranty: 1 Year Application: Industry
Supply Ability: 20000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Extra Service: OEM is welcome
QC System: ISO9001:2008
Packaging & Delivery
Package: Wooden box/Paper carton
Port: HangZhou/ZheJiang or on request
|TYPE||Worm Gear Speed Reducer/Worm Gearbox|
|MODEL||NMRV series size:571,030,040,050,063,075,090,110,130,150|
|COLOR||Blue(RAL5571)/Silver grey (RAL9571) or on your request|
|PACKING||Wooden box/Paper carton|
|USAGES||Foodstuffs, Ceramics, Packing, Chemicals, Pharmacy, Plastics, Paper-making, Machine-tools|
|IEC FLANGE||IEC standard flange or on request|
|LUBRICANT||Shell or Henry|
About CHINAMFG since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamping field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR, XDF, XDK, XDS have reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese products. We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ drawings or samples.
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, gear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling machines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and so on. We have advanced testing equipments as well.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw material, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
The most advantage of the speed reducer is the technique of cobber clad, which can enhance the occlusal force between the bronze and core wheel.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Transport Package:||Shrink Packing, Carton Packing|
Can a Worm Gearbox be Used for High-Speed Applications?
Worm gearboxes are generally not recommended for high-speed applications due to their inherent design characteristics. Here’s why:
- Efficiency: Worm gearboxes tend to have lower efficiency compared to other gearbox types, which means they can generate more heat and experience more energy loss at high speeds.
- Heat Generation: The sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel in a worm gearbox can lead to significant friction and heat generation, especially at high speeds. This heat can cause thermal expansion, affecting the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
- Wear and Noise: High speeds can exacerbate wear and noise issues in worm gearboxes. Increased friction and wear can lead to faster degradation of components, resulting in reduced lifespan and increased maintenance needs.
- Backlash: Worm gearboxes may have higher backlash compared to other gearbox types, which can impact precision and accuracy in high-speed applications.
While worm gearboxes are more commonly used in applications requiring high torque and moderate speeds, they may not be the best choice for high-speed scenarios. If high-speed operation is a requirement, other gearbox types such as helical, spur, or planetary gearboxes are often better suited due to their higher efficiency, lower heat generation, and reduced wear at elevated speeds.
How to Calculate the Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox
Calculating the efficiency of a worm gearbox involves determining the ratio of output power to input power. Efficiency is a measure of how well the gearbox converts input power into useful output power without losses. Here’s how to calculate it:
- Step 1: Measure Input Power: Measure the input power (Pin) using a power meter or other suitable measuring equipment.
- Step 2: Measure Output Power: Measure the output power (Pout) that the gearbox is delivering to the load.
- Step 3: Calculate Efficiency: Calculate the efficiency (η) using the formula: Efficiency (η) = (Output Power / Input Power) * 100%
For example, if the input power is 1000 watts and the output power is 850 watts, the efficiency would be (850 / 1000) * 100% = 85%.
It’s important to note that efficiencies can vary based on factors such as gear design, lubrication, wear, and load conditions. The calculated efficiency provides insight into how effectively the gearbox is converting power, but it’s always a good practice to refer to manufacturer specifications for gearbox efficiency ratings.
How to Select the Right Worm Gearbox for Your Application
Selecting the right worm gearbox for your application involves careful consideration of various factors:
- Load Requirements: Determine the torque and load requirements of your application to ensure the selected gearbox can handle the load without compromising performance.
- Speed Reduction: Calculate the required gear reduction ratio to achieve the desired output speed. Worm gearboxes are known for high reduction ratios.
- Efficiency: Consider the gearbox’s efficiency, as worm gearboxes typically have lower efficiency due to the sliding action. Evaluate whether the efficiency meets your application’s needs.
- Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the gearbox. Worm gearboxes have a compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Mounting Options: Determine the mounting orientation and configuration that best suits your application.
- Operating Environment: Consider factors such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to contaminants. Choose a gearbox with appropriate seals and materials to withstand the environment.
- Backlash: Evaluate the acceptable level of backlash in your application. Worm gearboxes may exhibit more backlash compared to other gear types.
- Self-Locking: If self-locking capability is required, confirm that the selected gearbox can prevent reverse motion without the need for external braking mechanisms.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements of the gearbox. Some worm gearboxes require periodic lubrication and maintenance to ensure proper functioning.
- Cost: Balance the features and performance of the gearbox with the overall cost to ensure it aligns with your budget.
Consult with gearbox manufacturers or experts to get recommendations tailored to your specific application. Testing and simulations can also help validate the suitability of a particular gearbox for your needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-25